We recommend using Somerset Floor Routine Care Products to maintain the beauty of your floor.
By properly caring for your floor and following basic preventative maintenance tips and common sense; you can keep your floor looking new for years, delaying and possibly eliminating the need for major refinishing or repair.
Are you having problems with your hardwood floors? See the 3 most common problems and how to solve each one.
1. Dry or peeling varnish
Over time it is natural for varnish or paint applied to wooden floors to dry out and look old or begin to peel.
2. Scratched surfaces
On the surface of the floor they are also common, especially when you have children or pets in the house.
Stains on the floor can be caused by something that has been spilled or some material that has been in contact with it.
Routine Care for flooring by Somerset
- Sweep, vacuum, or dust mop your hardwood floor on a regular basis just as you would any floor covering.
- Use only vacuum cleaners and/or settings suitable for hardwood flooring. “Beater bars” that agitate carpet fiber can damage hardwood flooring. Removing loose particulate matter is the best preventative maintenance for a hardwood floor.
- The single biggest mistake in hardwood flooring maintenance; is letting the applicator (mop head) become too dirty, beyond which dirt is merely spread around.
- Clean up spills first with an absorbent towel, paper towel, etc.
- Maintain a relative humidity (RH) between 30-50% and a temperature range between 60-80f to avoid problems like splits/cracks, cupping, gapping, etc…
When you make the decision to purchase Somerset Hardwood Flooring, you are making an investment that will last the lifetime of your home, giving you many years of enjoyment and adding value to your home.
At Wood Floor Planet we have a variety of tips for you and your floors
Contact us on Facebook