If you are looking for flooring for an entryway; laminate flooring is an excellent choice. You can find cost-effective laminate flooring that mimics the look of hardwood; marble, or ceramic tile floors.
Laminate floors are treated to resist moisture, are durable, and make cleaning up after mud or snow an easy task. It is advisable to place a quality area rug or mat in an entryway to ensure the longevity of the laminate floor.
Explore with us the many reasons why laminate flooring is a solid choice for entryways.
You’ll soon learn that laminate flooring is designed to resist stains and endure wear-and-tear to last decades in your home. Keep reading as we also discuss pairing laminate with other pre-existing types of flooring and how to add an attractive area rug atop laminate.
Laminate flooring is a composite of multiple materials, including wood pulp. After treatment with heat or pressure, the laminate is almost impervious to scratches, impact, moisture, fading, and staining. Homeowners value laminate because it doesn’t need waxing or varnish yet maintains a natural sheen.
- Inexpensive and long-lasting floor option
- Natural sheen and finish; no need to wax
- Resists stains, moisture, scratches, and fading
- Versatile styles akin to hardwood floors, stone, or traditional tile
- Easy to clean and maintain
- You can’t sand or refinish laminate
- Severely scratched, dented, or water damaged planks need replacement
Maintaining Laminate Floors
Entryways can get dirty pretty quickly, but laminate floors are tough, so caring for laminate flooring is low-maintenance. Upkeep laminate’s appearance in your entrance daily by sweeping dirt and removing any standing water (particularly puddles on a rainy day or melted snow during winter). Occasionally mop the flooring for a deeper clean.
To deep clean laminate:
- Sweep or dust laminate planks first to remove loose debris.
- Avoid using too much water when mopping laminate. Don’t allow any water to pool or sit too long on planks, which can lead to warping, bubbling, or damage beneath. If there is a leak or spill, clean it as soon as possible.
- Avoid using wax or oil-based soaps that can leave behind residue.
- Allow planks to dry thoroughly.
Taking good care of your laminate will provide you with years of elegant, durable flooring that feels and looks good underfoot. Homes with kids or pets are a good match for laminate floors because cleaning up hair, spilled juice, or excess dirt is swift and painless.
Please contact Wood Floor Planet Inc. today to schedule consultation and service. We are conveniently located in New York City and New Jersey covering Manhattan and all boroughs as well as Hoboken, Jersey City, West New York, Fort Lee, Edgewater, Weehawken, Alpine, Englewood Cliffs and more. You can reach us at:
Contact us on Facebook