Learn how to keep your hardwood floor dust-free
Your hardwood floors provide a timeless and classic appeal inside your residence and commercial space. Learn how to keep your hardwood floor dust-free whit us.
It is one of the best flooring materials to choose for your homes and offices, yet it must be well-maintained and cleaned to keep its polished looks.
However, your hardwood floors are constantly exposed to various elements which gradually decreases its appearance and condition daily.
Your basic cleaning routine helps a lot in removing those dust piles, yet hiring a hardwood cleaning service is ideal to achieve deep cleaning action.
Tips for Hardwood Floor Cleaning
It is never that difficult to do hardwood floor cleaning when you have the proper tools and cleaning products like most professional cleaning companies.
Nevertheless, below are some practical tips for preserving the beauty and neatness of your floors.
- Regular sweeping
- Floor vacuuming and mopping
- Picking up those toys, clothing, and other foreign particles lying on your floor
- Use soft microfibers or soft broom in sweeping off specks of dust
Meanwhile, if you do not have the luxury of time of sanitizing and buffing your floors, then you can readily avail of our professional hardwood cleaning service at an affordable price.
The Do’s and Don’ts
No matter how straightforward it is to clean and polish your hardwood flooring, there are critical factors that you need to watch out to avoid huge damages. Below are the essential reminders for your hardwood floor deep cleaning practices.
- Vacuum your floors every three days.
- Promptly attend to spills on your hardwood floors to avoid serious water damages.
- Daily mop your hardwood floors, yet avoid using too much water.
- Maintain a good moisture level inside your home or office to avoid drying up your hardwood floors.
- Place a water-resistant cap underneath the pots of your indoor plants.
- Place area rugs and carpets in your high-traffic areas.
- Install protective pads at the foot of your furniture and upholstery to avoid scratches on your hardwood flooring.
- Never wear your high heels when walking around your hardwood flooring.
- Avoid soils and sand particles accumulate on your floor.
- Never make your mop super wet when cleaning your hardwood floors.
- Keep your pet’s paws trimmed to minimize scratches on your floors.
- Never use very acidic or basic cleaning solutions.
Benefits of installing Area Rugs, and Carpets
We always emphasize that prevention is better than cure when it comes to damages on your hardwood flooring. Some of the worst nemesis of your hardwood flooring are soils, sand particles, water, pet claws, furniture feet, and spills.
Meanwhile, your best partner for minimizing the harm of these elements is your doormats, area rugs, and carpets. To greatly cut off soils and sand debris from coming inside your premises, you can place a doormat outside and inside your main entry doors.
Your area rugs and carpets will provide sufficient protection from your high traffic floor areas. With that, your hardwood floor is better protected from pet accidents, danders, paws, and furniture feet.
How to keep hardwood floors Dust-Free by Wood Floor Planet for any job with wood floors we are experts!